ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Who are we?
This website and related social media accounts (collectively this Site) are operated by Tara Donovan as a personal business activity for the promotion and rental of the property known as Casa Fuzetta (“the House”). Her Portuguese Fiscal Number is 282189173 (registered address: Casa Fuzetta, Travessa Heliodoro Salgado 7, 8700-132 Olhao, Portugal). Alojamento local registration number:44554/AL (“we” “us” and “our” being interpreted accordingly).
Your use of this Site and its contents (“Content”) is subject to these Terms. Any Content that you access on this Site is either owned by us (or third parties who licence such Content to us) and is made available only for your own personal use on the condition that you must not republish, post, transmit, edit, adapt, syndicate or distribute any Content without our prior written permission. The name “Casa Fuzetta” and other business names and logos displayed on this Site may be trade marks belonging to us (“Trade Marks”).
To the maximum extent legally permitted, you cannot link to or seek to extract data from this Site or reutilise any part of this Site or Content for any commercial purpose or use our Trade Marks in a way that suggests that you or your business has any endorsement from or affiliation to us without our prior written permission (at our sole discretion).
To the extent you or your guests post photographs or other recordings of your stay at the House on public social media accounts, you confirm we have the permission to use the same in the promotion of the House.
3. Links to other sites
This Site may link to third party websites from time to time. These links are provided for your convenience only. We do not control third party websites and are not responsible for their contents or how they operate. Nor do we imply any endorsement by us of the goods, services or materials made available on such websites. You acknowledge that (to the maximum extent legally permitted and unless we state otherwise) we shall not be liable in respect of your use of those third party websites or any purchase you make through them.
4. Your use of this Site
You must only use this Site for legal purposes in accordance with these Terms and are prohibited from using our Site to engage in any fraudulent activity or in a manner that (in our reasonable opinion) is liable to damage our business or harm other users. Your use of our Site is subject to our policies or guidelines that we may communicate to you from time to time.
You also undertake that any personal data and other information you may provide to us when registering or signing up to any services on this Site is complete, accurate and up to date. In relation to any material you submit to us or post on this Site, you undertake to us that either you own this material or have the necessary rights, clearances and or approvals you need to submit or post such material.
5. Our liability
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence (or the negligence of our employees or agents) or where applicable law does not permit us to restrict or exclude particular obligations or liabilities.
Subject the above paragraph we do not accept any liability for damage to any computer or device that you use to access this Site or in relation to any loss of data when you use this Site. While we will correct any errors on this Site that come to our attention as soon as we reasonably can, we do not undertake or warrant that this Site or the Content will be completely free from bugs or errors or that this Site will be available on an uninterrupted basis. We do not make any representation and exclude all warranties, terms or conditions (whether express or implied by law or otherwise) in respect of the Site or its Content, including, without limitation, any decision you take on the basis of information provided through this Site, except that nothing in these Terms shall exclude or restrict your statutory rights or other rights that cannot be excluded or restricted under applicable law. Except as set out above, we will not be liable for (1) any indirect, consequential or special loss or damage; or (2) any lost revenue, profits or other economic loss (whether direct or indirect), however arising from your use of this Site.
6. Privacy & Personal Data
7. Changes to these terms
We may amend these Terms at any time, for example, where we add new services or features or where there is a change in applicable law. All such changes will take effect once these Terms have been updated and you will be assumed to have accepted any such changes if you continue to use the Site after the latest update.
8. Invalidity & waiver
If any of these Terms is found by a court or a regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply to the maximum extent legally permitted. No waiver of any of these Terms shall be effective unless made in writing by us and a waiver (or non-enforcement) shall not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach.
9. Governing law
In the event of any dispute between you and us concerning these Terms, the laws of England and Wales will apply. If you wish to take court proceedings against us, you should do so within England and Wales, except to the extent that applicable law in your country of residence requires mandatory application of another law and/or jurisdiction and/or language and such requirement cannot lawfully be excluded under these Terms in which case such law and/or jurisdiction and/or language shall apply, as far as legally required.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding the Site or these Terms, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com
1. What is this for?
By using our Site or submitting your personal data you are taken to accept the terms of this Policy and to confirm you have the permission to share the data on behalf of the guests who will accompany you, so please read it carefully.
2. What personal data may we collect
We may collect the following personal data:
• The personal details you provide (such as name, address, e-mail address; business address and phone number) when submitting a booking enquiry.
• Information about your debit/credit card and bank account information that we require for the purpose of recording and processing your booking.
• Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or that you provide to us when you visit the house.
• We may also receive other personal or private information about you that you choose to submit to this Site.
4. How we use your data
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
• to acknowledge, confirm and deal with your booking (and where necessary put you on our waiting list).
• where we are asked to deal with any enquiries or complaints you make.
• we may provide you, or permit selected third party service providers (e.g. our massage therapists, chefs, yoga teachers) to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Generally, this will be by electronic means (eg email)
• to contact you in connection with user/customer surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response.
• to administer our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
• for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our Site secure.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
• we will need to share certain of your personal data to the Portuguese immigration / border authorities within 48hours of your arrival
• we may make your personal data available to selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations (for example, card processing or payment services (see the section below headed PAYMENT INFORMATION) and credit reference agencies to protect against possible fraud
• our IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) may need to have access to your personal information to provide IT support and enable us to provide services and other goods/services available on this Site or to guests
• if we sell our business or our company assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets
• if we need to disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation or to enforce our Terms & Conditions, or other applicable contract terms that you are subject to
• to protect us or contractors against loss or damage. This may include (without limit) exchanging information with the police, courts or law enforcement organisations.
6. Payment Information
Any credit/debit card payments and other payments you make through this Site will be processed by our third party payment provider and the payment data you submit will be securely stored and encrypted by our payment service provider using up to date industry standards.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) such as by our subcontractors in the United States who process your payment details and/or provide IT support services. In accordance with applicable law, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure that those subcontractors comply with appropriate security standards to protect the personal data that they handle.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or log-in which enables you to access certain restricted parts of our Site, you are responsible for doing everything you reasonably can to keep these details secret. We must not to share your password or log-in details with anyone else.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet or public communications networks can never be completely secure. We will take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal data that you submit to us against unauthorised/unlawful access or loss, destruction or damage, although we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data that you provide to us online.
8. Your data protection rights
Certain applicable data protection laws give you a right to receive information about the personal data we hold on you. You may also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes; or where the processing of your personal data is causing unwarranted damage or distress; or, ask us to delete or correct any personal data that we hold about you which is inaccurate or no longer relevant.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us as by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU CONSENT TO US USING COOKIES AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
2. What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer, or other device when you access a website. Pixels, also known as web beacons or web bugs, are small blocks of code on webpages and in emails that do things like allow another computer server to measure viewing of a webpage. These are often are used in conjunction with Cookies. Cookies enable our computer servers to collect information from your computer or device about how you interact with our Site. You can find more background information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies will never be used by us to collect your sensitive personal data or financial details, such as credit card information. You can disable Cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer; Safari; Chrome; Firefox or Opera) although this may affect your ability to fully utilise our Site.
• Authentication: to recognise you if you are signed in to our Site.
• Performance: Some Cookies may collect information about user visits to our Site, for example which web pages visitors use most often. We might also use these performance Cookies to highlight services which we think will be of interest to you based on your previous use of our Site
• Functionality: Some Cookies allow our Site to remember information from your previous visits, such as contact details you previously submitted. These Cookies may also be used to provide information you request such as publications or newsletters.
4. Strictly necessary cookies
Some Cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate our Site or to enable you to receive a particular service you have requested. Such Cookies are regarded as ‘strictly necessary’ and we do not need to ask your permission to use them.
5. Third party cookies
Our Site may also allow third parties to download Cookies to your device. For example if you choose to ‘share’ content from our Site with friends through a third party site such as Facebook or another social network, you may be sent Cookies from these third party service providers over which we have no control. If you choose to share such content, you should check the relevant third party services provider’s terms/policies for more information about cookies that they use.